Donations needed fellow city life lovers Give Love

Sign in to follow this  
ArMaTeC

External App Overhaul And Database Limits

Hi all first off i need to send a massive thanks to unforgiven for his tip on how to avoid the string limit of 2048 and now on to what this means to the community.

1) Database Optimizing

In the last few days you may have notice then improved speed of the database loading and saving this is because of a nice new system that instead of handling all the client accounts and server arrays bit by bit we can now send the whole database in one hit hence the speed increase.

2)Database growing

With the changes in (1) our database can now handle a lot more data in and out so we can now start adding all the items that would normally be lost after a restart. So now Factory store is now persistent I'm still looking at what else can be saved and what else needs to be saved(if you can think of anything please PM me with details).

3)RPT upload system

As I've been monitoring the rpt's you guys have uploaded i noticed that a lot of data was being uploaded that was incorrectly labeled due to a fault in the tool where is would upload the files even if the required files where not there.

4)Launcher update system

Until this morning i some times would have an issue where a update would fail and i would be left with a out of date file and no way to update it. To tackle this i have added an internal check that will restart the update process if the versions do not match.

Out of time ill update this post later

• Upvote 8