Donations needed fellow city life lovers Give Love

Sign in to follow this  
ArMaTeC

Looking for file hosts for public role out

If you own a server that you can:1. Create a independent FTP account2. Http access3. At least 2gig of free space4. Spare bandwidth We would like to start creating some dynamic mirrors to off load the demand upon release. If you can help please contact me via PM with all relevant information. Note:You will not receive any money/items for letting use use your FTP mirror all you will get is the satisfaction that you have helped out city life rpg in its time of need. Thanks for readingCity Life RPG Dev Team (Stnuc for short)

Edited by ArMaTeC

Guest Dmented

I don't have a spare FTP but I could upload the files to a bunch of different hosts such as Rapidshare, Megaupload, Sendspace, so on.I have quick upload speed so I can upload to alot of places in good time.

please read the requirements

Guest James Cornell

Hope you find people to aid in this effort. My mirror is 3mbit capped as it's provided by a friend unfortunately.

Guest Nebeesh

well you could try to ask big community sites to sponsor you specially in Europe are many sites, if they ask you what you do for them well for example you could do ingame commercials with GLT Signs :Pi would sponser you but i sold my 2 dedicatet servers last year :p however good luck finding hosts!

all good thanks for the comments

I don't have a spare FTP but I could upload the files to a bunch of different hosts such as Rapidshare, Megaupload, Sendspace, so on.I have quick upload speed so I can upload to alot of places in good time.

We can upload it to any site at 100mbps form our dedy server. We dont have a bandwith limit but to keep the game running smooth we don't want masses of people download from the server whilst people are playing.

Guest sparcdr

Alternative is have donations cover the S3 downloads service from Amazon which has NA and EU datacenters and gigabit lines. We'd need a capcha system and accountability over the cost via that method to ensure it keeps operating. The megaupload method sounds more solid, but future update management can be problematic. I suggest community members with some extra coin donate specifically toward dealing with this distribution issue on a per month basis.. and the more donations the less per capita cost to reoccur.

Guest strongbird

Armaholic in parts maybe?

again please read what is needed

Guest sparcdr

Armaholic in parts maybe?

Hard to manage.